Tuesday 18 October 2011

Hair today wish it was gone tomorrow

i have been asked to write a piece on the vexed issue of body hair by @sissy_rebecca and in particular reasons to give to people in her vanilla life for the sudden disappearance of it.
 
This is a major problem for many trannies out there, especially those of us leading double lives. After all you don't feel properly feminised with a carpet of male body hair covering much of your body. i got into trouble at the English Mansion Ball for having body hair after a close inspection even though it was very well concealed.
 
On the other hand though, this is not a modification that can be hidden in your vanilla (ordinary) life. Clothes can be changed, make-up washed off, but hair takes quite a while to grow back. Beyond breast implants and medical procedures this is the biggest change you can do to yourself.
 
Unfortunately this is a question i am still trying to properly answer for myself. To my slight embarrassment it took me more than a month to work up the courage to get rid of my beard after i first got put into dresses. Sounds silly but it was a major change of image, not popular among those close to me in my vanilla (ordinary) life and my family still complain about me shaving the damn thing off!
 
But body hair is a much tougher proposition, partly because shaving it is not actually the best way forward. If you're going to do it, get a full body wax or even lasered if you're very brave (more on the best ways of ridding yourself of hair in future blogs). The main probelm though is that it is a dramatic physical change and one which may not be understood or fully accepted by those in your vanilla life.
 
Some trannies are lucky because they have more easy going partners, while other partners can be utterly intolerant of it and, at the extreme end, take the view that it is unnatural for a man to want to remove his body hair.
 
For this reason many part time, double life trannies, including me at the moment, simply don't bite that particular bullet and look for ways to get round the hair problem. But that is a subject for another blog to be published very soon.
 
Here are 10 possible excuses but feel free to leave your own suggestions in the comment box.
 
1. The old classic - "I was out with the lads and look what they did?"
*Hopeless excuse, easily unraveled unless you want your drunken mates to actually shave you which could be a tad risky.
*Also shows a serious lack of imagination
 
2. "I'm doing it for charity"
*If you're going to use this excuse thwen actually do it for charity, beats sitting in a bath of custard
*The problem is doing it again when the stuff grows back
 
3. "I fancy a change of image, I'm fed up of looking like a gorilla"
*Quite a dramatic change of image.
*This works well with reasonalby tolerant partners.
*Just make sure they don't clock on to what image you want to change to.
 
4. "It's my body I can do what I like with it!"
*A bit confrontational but worth a go if all else fails.
*Still doesn't really explain why you've had expensive and painful treatment
 
5. "Body hair makes me feel dirty and disgusting"
*Good for a long game on the issue with intolerant partners.
This is one i'm currently trying.
 
6. "Did you know that removing body hair is better for your skin?"
*Be prepared to have to justify that claim, not obviously easy to prove largely because it's less convincing than a politician's promise.
 
7. "I thought you (partner) might prefer the feel of smooth skin in bed."
*Not a bad one unless your partner thinks men should be hairy
 
8. "I've taken up swimming seriously and it improves my performance"
*Has the advantage of leaving you in fitter shape for some more interesting tranny activities.
*Is though perhaps on the extreme end and only suits athletic types.
 
9. "Having a lot of hair makes me feel too hot"
*It is true that body hair warms up the body significantly, which is one reason my partner is so opposed to me losing it.
*Obviously don't try this excuse in the winter.
*You could just about get away with it in the summer.
 
10. "I'm trying to get in touch with my feminine side"
*Only works with tolerant partners.
*Is as close to an admission that youn are a tranny without saying so.
*But is a good way of preparing the ground if you want to come out as a tranny and normalise it as part of your life.
 
If you want any help or advice in your tranny or sub lives e-mail me on trannyagony@live.co.uk or tweet me on @DaniTallulah

No comments: